Hours 20-23 - Schooner Colored





I'm done with it. Blargh, this particular drawing did NOT want to be colored in.  But I think its because I did everything wrong. I was too precious with the linework that I meticulously drew. I tightened up hard and focused on all of the wrong things, maybe.

I'm pleased with how it turned out .. sort of. But I'm also looking forward to working on future ships that aren't this one and working out a different, better method to bringing this to color.

Most notably, I think that I should have been working in full color far sooner than I actually did. Perhaps I should be guided by the lines and not married to them. Hour 15 is somehow more compelling to me, looser though it is.  I need to stay loose, as I am while doing thumbnails.

"First of Many"

yup

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

About

Bryce Homick is a freelance concept artist with over 10 years of experience in the videogame industry. For business inquiries please click here.