2018 Gouache Experiments


Decided to give Gouache a try this past year when I went traveling to Italy - where I did exactly 3 gouaches in the 2 weeks I was there, partially due to the fact that I was frustrated by my lack of knowledge of the medium, and the long time it'd been since I did plein air stuff. However, I've been keeping at it on-and off. Here are some successes

Wasn't anticipating using every color, but they were all there so why not!

This is a cool barn about 5 minutes away from where I live. It was a cold morning but the sun was VERY warm. 

Another farm I love in the Hollows of Rochester, VT

I drive by this farm a few times a month, and I absolutely love it. I think I may do a longer oil of it one day, when I get a moment. 

Starting to feel more and more confident in the medium.

I stopped halfway through due to a phonecall, when I came back I didn't want to touch it!

From a photo; too cold for gouache.

Woodpile at my Fiancee's house. Trying to channel my Father's watercolor style...



I'm looking forward to doing many more of these in 2019, hopefully will sell some too! (contact me if interested!)

Also if you haven't already, follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more regular updates!



0 comments:

 

Blogroll

About

Bryce Homick is a freelance concept artist with over 10 years of experience in the videogame industry. For business inquiries please click here.